Asking Price: $5,000
- Year: 1986
- Maker/Trim/Model: Coachmen
- Length: 21FT
- Odometer: 76,475
- Drivetrain: 22RE Auto
- State/Region: Maryland
- City/Area: Catonsville
- Name: Brandon H.
- Phone: (412) 613-0335
- Email: [email protected]
More Details & Pictures
Engine: 4 cylinder 22RE
RV Class: C
Purchased in August 2018 to work on and travel with in the Summer of 2019, but recently was offered a job on the west coast. So, as much as it pains me to part with Frank before I’ve had a chance to do a long trip, I have to do it. Hopefully someone out there with the same dream of driving across the US and landing in Alaska for the Summer will give Frank a new home.
Frank is a YouTube Star! Check him out
As with any older RV, the buyer needs to be somewhat handy, willing to troubleshoot issues, or have someone that will help them out. If tinkering and customizing a small, cult classic RV (there is a whole internet following for these things) sounds like fun to you, this is your RV. There are loads of resources online (youtube and toyotamotorhome.org/forums/ ) because of the cult following this RV has.
1. Rare floor plan w/ rear kitchen maximizes usable space
2. Aftermarket stereo w/ Bluetooth and custom speakers
3. Good gas mileage – 12-15 mpg
4. All appliances (toilet, shower, faucets, hot water heater, furnace and AC) work
5. Engine solid. New plugs, wires, and high performance air intake and filter recently installed
6. Bamboo blinds
7. Custom linoleum floors
8. Wall mounted TV
9. Over-the-cab bed very comfortable
10. Refrigerator works – shore power only
11. Super solid 22 RE engine recently tuned up and rebuilt. New distributor, plugs, wires, high performance air intake system and engine rebuild in 2016-2017.
12. Put less than 200 miles on it since purchase in August 2018
13. Historic licensing saves $$
1. Roof sag toward rear of cabin needs addressed. Was addressed by previous owner, but fix was not complete and issue began to recur. This was the main issue I had with the RV when I purchased it and knew I was going to have to fix once I took ownership.
2. Cabinets are usable but are loose in some places and some drawers are wobbly on tracks.
3. Sluggish up hills, but this is common to this make/model/engine size irrespective of age and condition. This can be independently verified with a google search.
Price reflects work that needs to be done on roof.