Asking Price: $11,000
- Year: 1991
- Maker/Trim/Model: Dolphin 900
- Length: 21FT
- Odometer: 79,819
- Drivetrain: V6 3.0 Automatic
- State/Region: Georgia
- City/Area: Athens
- Name: Tom
- Phone: Not Provided
- Email: [email protected]
More Details & Pictures
READ ME! needs motor work.
Here’s a long walk through video I made to help potential buyers check it out! https://youtu.be/ZQ4WEYfqQgI
I also have a lot more photos so please reach out.
It’s time to part ways with my 1991 Dolphin.
I purchased this RV Jan of 2020 from the original owners son-in-law. It had been meticulously maintained and stored indoors in the same storage unit since new. When I got my hands on it it had a little over 63,000 miles with a long log of maintenance. I immediately bought a heavy cover for it and have kept it covered and waxed since purchasing it.
We’ve been on a lot of amazing adventures over the last two years, but it doesn’t quite suite the style of travel so it’s up for grabs. I’ve loved it dearly, used it for fun adventures all over the US, taken the best care of it I’ve could, fought hard to keep water out of every nook and cranny, and have done a sloppy job with caulk lol.
1991 Dolphin 900
3vze 3.0V6 Automatic Trans
- Rust free chassis
- Incredibly clean with little to no water damage unit
- I replaced all roof vents and added a Maxxair fan
- Resealed all windows, front seams, and many of the hatches using RV butyl and Dicor
- Like super duper clean, but it’s 30 years old so its got its quirks and spots
- Interior fabric looks great
- New Bilstein shocks installed by me
- Newish spare and front tires (I’ve put some miles on em since I purchased them new)
- Everything works
- Original owner installed new refrigerator not long before my purchase
- Furnace operates well
- Rooftop AC works great
- Water heater (AC and gas) and plumbing functional
- New propane tank and regulator
- Independent air bags in rear hold air great
- I installed new front rotors, seals, and pads
- New rear diff fluid
- New fuel filter
- New spark plugs
- New converter/charger
- New house and motor batteries (lead acid Duracell) that I’ve never run below 50%
- LED lights in most of the fixtures
- Backup camera wired like rear view mirror
- Beefed up sway bar bushings
- Aftermarket radio and speakers
- Sweet aftermarket console.
- Original owner installed a tach which is honestly awesome
- Big things first:
- Cylinder 3 has loss of compression
- It has been diagnosed by my mechanic to have a burned exhaust valve and a bad ring
- Still runs pretty well with a Lucas oil in the gas but will need major motor work
- The AC compressor in the truck blew out a seal a while back that I’ve put off fixing. Still blows air and heat, just not cold.
- I had planned to repair these things, but wanted to gauge interest in selling as is since I no longer plan to keep the ole gal
- Cylinder 3 has loss of compression
- There were some small and weird spots that looked like corrosion in the sheet metal front that had Bondo in them when I bought it. I removed the Bondo and have since kept it covered with Dicor tape, periodically removing it to examine the area. It’s not pretty, but it’s more water tight than the Bondo.
- There’s a small crack in the fiberglass over the entry door. I believe that it was due to sloppy workmanship from the factory as the front end is structurally sound, there’s no abnormal flex, and the rest of the area looks clean. I drilled the crack, it stopped running, and I covered it with more tape.
- It’ll need a new tail light lens eventually (they’re old land cruiser ones and easy to come by online)
- The rear tires, while having lots of tread and looking great, are DOT stamped year 2016 so they’re coming up on might need to be replaced time
- The original owner installed a hitch, which I then modified to try to strengthen, that is not structurally that great. These things done have big enough frame extensions for that.
- These old Onan generators are the absolute worst so I ditched it in Colorado
- The table isn’t original and is just a piece of 3/4 ply. I am a custom cabinet and furniture maker and will build you something rad if that sweetens the deal
- It’s missing a blind on a large window and I never got around to ordering a new one online.
- The toilet cover is cracked from something falling out of the cabinet.
- I’m including a new door window frame since the original is cracked (but sealed)
- The shower had never been used by the original owner but had a small spot in the wall where something may have fallen on it. I sealed it up and have since used the shower a few times with no issues.
This is an incredibly clean RV that absolutely deserves to be repaired and stay on the road for years to come, but before I start pouring money into fixing the motor I figured I’d list the ole gal as OBO and entertain offers!
In amazing shape but needs major engine overhaul or new motor. Not my project anymore though! Make me an offer!
Last Updated on January 9, 2022 by RVAds